Monday, March 30, 2009

Hawaii Champs


Second-hand news, I know, (posted on SA on the 26th) but I thought all would like to see some action of Bora in paradise. I don't know who to credit the pic to, but with the Naval Air Station in the background, it might have been Maverick shooting at his wingman.

The write up is from the race committee:

"Yesterday I ran a few practice races for some of the guys that came out for the Hawaii state moth champs. Morgan Larson showed perfect timing on most the starts, Kevin Hall also showed good form and was fast in the Breeze. Bora has had the most time in the Moth and seems to have a top speed a notch above the rest, but don't count out Charlie McKee recent winner of the SIRS regatta down under. Dalton Bergan, Hans Henken and George Peet are other very talented Moth sailors that have arrived on Oahu for the event. The forecast is for 15 to 20 knot trade winds and 80 degree temps. This of course is what can happen to anyone!"

The "this" is shown below. I can't exactly say "been there," but I can certainly say "done that!"



Tori Amos sings Upside Down (1991)



Upside Down, by Tori Amos (1991)

God I love to turn my little blue world Upside down God I love to turn my little blue world Upside down Inside my head the noise Chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter You see I'm afraid I'll ...
God I love to turn my little blue world
Upside down
God I love to turn my little blue world
Upside down
Inside my head the noise
Chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter
You see I'm afraid I'll always be
Still coming out of my mother upside down

Don't you love to turn this little blue girl
Upside down
Oh I know you love to turn this little blue girl baby
Upside down
But my heart it says
You been shatter, shatter, shatter, shatter, shattered
And I know you're still a boy
Still coming out of your mother

But when you gonna stand on your own
I say the world is sick
You say "Tell me what that makes us darlin'"
You see, you always find my faults
Faster than you find your own
You say the world is getting rid of her demons
I say "Baby what have you been smoking?"
Well I dreamed, I dreamed, I dreamed
I loved a black boy
My daddy would scream
Oh yeah

Don't you love to turn this little blue girl
Upside down
Any kind of touch I think is better than none
Even upside down
But you see I'm tangled up
Got a kitten, kitten, kitten, kitten in my hair
Cincinnati, I like the word
It's the only thing we can seem to turn
Upside down

No comments: