Saturday, September 11, 2010

Opening the facebook

I've resisted the facebook/twitter/social media phenomena until now, but with Richard's prompt as a way to increase communication among the US mothies, I've joined. We'll have to see if it's useful or a waste of time. I don't expect to do a lot of "chatting" or otherwise friending and being friended, except for moth related activities.

Now, back to finishing up gantry #3. The Classic moth nationals are next week and I hope to bring Try-Foil as a play/demo toy before and after the racing. It was three years ago next week that I first tried Bill's boat and was smitten, as described here.

2 comments:

phillippe oligario said...

Hey Joe,

Facebook and Twitter is for teenagers! I never recommend it to anyone and get this... I am a professional web developer!

It has it's place eg. twitter during an event to get up to the minute results but facebook seems to be for corporate employees with a lot of time to burn and teens.

Mind you, I'd be curious to know if you can make better use of it.

Cheers,

Phil

Joe Bousquet said...

Exactly my reluctance to participate previously. I'm pretty firm in not using FB for anything other than moth related interests. I definitely don't need to have my students "friending" me. Thanks for the input.

Joe