Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sail, break, repair, repeat.

Two days ago the rudder's horizontal got a little loose so yesterday was spent reattaching it with a bigger  1/4"-20 bolt and some WEST System Six-10 adhesive. Today I hit the water again and ended up with a broken pushrod. The pain in the neck is that the piece that broke is the 10-32 left hand thread I use for the ride height adjuster. So it's another quickie order to McMaster in Chicago for a couple of bolts (one to replace the broken piece and a second for a spare.)  I did manage to collect a new piece of video with the speed readout much clearer. The breeze was less than Thursday and my top speed was almost as great. I've added some subtitles and music. Enjoy. I still gotta work on the jibes and remember to attach the tiller centering bungee...

1 comment:

George A said...

The wind alert site looks v. interesting! Thanks for "alerting" me to its presence.