Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oregon Beer and British Ale




So I opened the local paper this morning and I came across two articles about beer: one with a Bend, Oregon dateline, the other with a London dateline. Since I just came back from the UK (and, no, my boat hasn't arrived back yet) I thought I'd share. Still "interesting and informative," I hope!

More Alcohol. Bigger Flavor, Growing Market Share: Craft Beers may traditionally come from small breweries, but their makers are seeing big interest from comsumers.

Fewer Pints: In Britain's iconic pubs, ale sales are ailing

So, obviously, all you UK mothies should come and experience the microbrewery scene at the worlds next year! Simon will give a preliminary accounting since he's coming to our nationals in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

No comments: