Sunday, January 18, 2009

Anticipation



There's a definite sense of anticipation about Tuesday. That's when the rubber meets the road, when the talkin' stops and the walkin' starts. So many folks are interested in how things will play out. I understand that the BBC will run five hours of live coverage of the events of the day. Oh, but this is a moth blog, not an Obama blog.

So while the eyes of the world will be watching the inauguration take place in Washington, the eyes of the mothosphere will be watching the posts coming from Geelong. We have the top mothies in new equipment. How will the Mach2, the VRX and the new North sail end up? By all reports so far the conditions will be breezy, shifty, and with flat water.

I can't wait to read the blogs and to watch the videos. Bring it on guys! And in deference to Sam and Kylie, enjoy Carly Simon. Does the Elektra record label show a moth?



Anticipation, by Carly Simon (1971)

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasing after some finer day.
Anticipation, Anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting
And I tell you how easy it is to be with you
And how right your arms feel around me.
Bit I rehearsed those words just late last night
When I was thinking about how right tonight might be.
Anticipation, Anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting
And tomorrow we might not be together
I'm no prophet, I don't know natures way
So I'll try to see into your eyes right now
And stay right here, 'cause these are the good old days.

No comments: