Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Sunday


Today is Super Bowl Sunday and the US media is gaga over the football game to be played in Tampa, Florida. Today is also the second day of the Classic Moth Midwinter championship, sailed in nearby Gulfport. Susan and I made the 14 hour drive to Florida to compete in this race for seven consecutive years, first held at the St Petersburg Sailing Center, and three years ago shifted to Gulfport. We didn't make the trip last year because I was in the middle of building the foiler and all our pennies went into that project. This year we're still at home. The debt from Weymouth is being whittled away, the credit charge for new foil is yet to be paid off, and because of the Gorge Worlds (now 189 days away) we're trying to squirrel away vacation days and $$$.

So good luck to the guys sailing in Gulfport. I'm thinking about you up here in Virginia. And who wins the super bowl? I'm sorta rooting for the underdog Cardinals.



Money, by Roger Waters (1972)

Money, get away.
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay.
Money, it's a gas.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team.

Money, get back.
I'm all right jack keep your hands off of my stack.
Money, it's a hit.
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit.
I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet.

Money, it's a crime.
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're
Giving none away.

Huhuh! I was in the right!
Yes, absolutely in the right!
I certainly was in the right!
You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a
Bruising!
Yeah!
Why does anyone do anything?
I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!
I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking
Why he wasn't coming up on freely, after I was yelling and
Screaming and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely.
It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out

No comments: