Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ice Cream Truck

Wanna hear?
You know how when the ice cream truck comes into the neighborhood all the kids swarm around? It was just like that this morning. The Norfolk Yacht and Country Club was holding their annual Labor Day regatta and Susan and I showed up to sail in the moth class. I rolled the foiler around to the ramp area and immediately half a dozen kids left their Optis and ran to see what was up. One asked, "Is that a Bladerider?," and I responded that it wasn't 'cause I couldn't afford a BR. I said that my boat was a Hungry Beaver design. He said he had heard of the Hungry Beaver (must have been an Annapolis kid?) At any rate, after I rigged the boat on the lawn near the club patio it really attracted alot of attention. One little green fleeter said, and I'm not making this up, "Man, is that a real foiler? I've waited all my life to see one of those!"

No comments: